Friday, December 4, 2009

Flashback Thailand



Thai4
I have just found some old pictures when I was about 15 years old, the first time I went to Thailand.  These are old photos of me (in the maroon shirt)  in the Wat Pho Temple.  Taken way back in 1995, my mom was on a business trip and my brother, sister and I were able to tag along.
95
One thing that struck me before entering the temple was that we were not allowed to point our toes inside the temple.  Reverence to authority is a very important virtue for the Thai people.
Thai5
My wife and I recently were on a plane and were seated beside a passenger who loves Thailand very much.  He adores the gentleness and respect shown to the King by the people.  I heard the same from another friend who commented that currencies are not usually folded because the image of the King is printed there! What awesome respect!
Thai3
And so Thailand, I am coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment